Family, Friends, Fun, Feelings

Family, Friends, Fun, Feelings
A little story about living, learning, and loving

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Olympics

Every four years, a lovely two weeks of amazing sporting events begins. As a kid growing up, those summers were some of my favorite. Watching the next great athlete show the world what they were made of, all of the upsets, and the agonizing moments of defeat were just another part of my life that made me who I am today. I am incredibly competitive and sadly I wish I was able to take my competition to the levels of the Olympic games.

This year I thought I would be there. Not as an athlete, but as a spectator. But sometimes things do not always work out the way you want. I had applied for tickets and everything, and if you ever want to to go to the Olympics, make sure you plan early. But there were circumstances that left me unable to attend the games across the Pond.

The Olympics are mesmorizing. It is this amazing time for athletes to showcase all of their hard work and compete at some of the highest levels in their individual sport. You also get to watch sports that you might never hear about or see any other time. Today I got to watch Archery, which seems really difficult but at the same time I did not see the athletes showing any sign of them letting the stage get to them.

Each night, I find myself just glued to the newest headline or what will be the talk of the World the next day. It is not all about the sports, because people who do not really like sports can get into the Olympics too. It is about the experiences and the atmosphere. I can imagine, that there is nothing like that.

The Olympics are on my Bucket List. And I will get to one sometime soon, I just wish that it could have been this year though. I am excited to start watching Gymnastics tonight. Rowing brings me back to my college years. Swimming has been my favorite though since I was little and continues to be. But everything is exciting to watch, even if it is something I can see during the rest of the year.

So here is to two weeks of Magic. Two weeks of exciting times where everyone forgets the tensions between countries, politics is not a worry, or financial turnmoil. It is a time for passion, enthusiasm, and wonder. Enjoy them everyone, because like everything else, they are gone too fast!

Oh and Go Team USA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment