Family, Friends, Fun, Feelings

Family, Friends, Fun, Feelings
A little story about living, learning, and loving

Friday, April 6, 2012

Job Fairs

Yesterday I went to my first job fair. Even though I am starting my second career, I never went to one when I was an Undergraduate. I knew it was going to be stressful, but wow.. I was EXHAUSTED at the end of the day! Between dressing the part, being prepared, and walking through a mass of other potential candidates, I didn't know if I would make the drive home.

All of my TCPCGers looked amazing! We dress up nicely don't we?


In turn, I learned that it is hard sometimes to just talk about yourself when there are so many other people the person has talked to. It is hard to come up with original things to explain at each booth. It is also hard to hold your bag and portfolio for 3 hours!
I did not get an interview yesterday, but I learned a lot of valuable lessons. I saw my cohort and I grow and blossom and I found out how ready I am to be a teacher!
Hopefully the next couple days I will have some calls about interviews or other items, but I am starting to feel one step closer to the future Ms. McG's classroom!

1 comment:

  1. We do clean up nicely. :)

    Also, I went to bed so early on Thursday. I was dead tired. Ice Cream didn't even revive me.

    ReplyDelete