Family, Friends, Fun, Feelings

Family, Friends, Fun, Feelings
A little story about living, learning, and loving

Monday, February 6, 2012

Anticipation

There are lots of things we look forward to. When we are younger, we look forward to days off of school, cartoons on Saturday morning, birthdays, holidays, etc. When you get older, sometimes all you want or look forward to is a day off from work, or an easier day at work. Lately though I had my anticipation of going to work. As you know, while I have been off for this year going back to school I have not worked really since I have been too busy. I have a new part time job now and I was actually looking forward to getting back into the work field. I have had jobs on and off since I was 15 so it seemed weird to just be laying around for days on end. I enjoy relaxing but sometimes you get the feeling as you are almost worthless without a job. I know some people do not choose to have that, but I am saying in my case that is how I felt.
Sometimes what you wait for does not always turn out to be everything you want. I love the month of February. There are a lot of things I look forward to. First of all the Super Bowl is always in February. Even though my loved Panthers have only been to one Super Bowl and lost I still enjoy watching it. I love sports, and watching the best game of the season especially with good friends and foods adds to the excitement to look forward to. But the game does not always turn out the way I want (This year it did thought :) ) Does that not mean you should look forward to something?
No!!! Everyone needs things they anticipate or look forward to. It is what makes Christmas so special for Kids. It is what makes vacations with family or loved ones amazing. It is what makes the weekends usually that much better then just another two days in the week. You feel like when you anticipate something that it is actually better then a normal day in your life. I am all about living everyday to its fullest and enjoying each day. But I cannot help but look forward to things in the future even though sometimes it is far away!
It once again goes to balance. You can have things you look forward to, but do not miss the opportunities that happen day in and day out. Many grand things happen to everyone every day and by just looking to the future you might let little things slip by. Don't let that happen to you! Get excited for new things in your future. But remember each day has gotten you to where you currently are, don't brush that off as nothing. It sure was something, and might have made more of an impact on peoples and things then you will ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment