So even though training was not exactly what I had wanted for my most recent half marathon, I said I will still run it and see how I do.
Rich and I had decided we wanted to run it together, to give us both motivation to push through. The weather that Sunday morning in Rhode Island was pushing mid 80's so not the weather had practiced in.
By mile 4, after pushing 7:45 miles, things were getting difficult and we decided to split up to benefit us both for our runs.
The course was a good half marathon course, with not much repeating miles and a good amount of shade (great for this race) and flat areas. After the first 6 miles of splits ever mile, I went the next 6 without knowing where I was in the course.
As my cross country training kicked in, I just focused on reaching the next person in front of me, and passing them and just continuing to slowly pull people in.
When we got to the final push, a nice head wind met me and I actually said to the runner next to me, who had been running next to me the last 2.5 miles, that I was not a huge fan of this. As I approached the last straightaway, I was hoping to be under 1 hour 40 minutes, and right as I could see the clock it hit 1 hour 40 minutes.
Oh well, I still finished with a personal best and a time of 1:41:10, 30 seconds better then my last half. I was 4th in my division and 8th overall for women, so not a bad showing. Rich finished under 2 hours but not near his goal.... Hartford Half here we come.
Here are some good before and after race photos. Gotta love what the sun does to you on a long race!
Before
Before
And after :)
We did it :)
dust.
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment