It takes a special person to deal with everything that happens every day. In relation to my last post, I am not sure where the last year has gone even. Last year at this time I was in relatively the same place. Off from school due to a Halloween storm. Stressed every day over, and excited for the upcoming holidays.
But it is hard to understand some things I have come across in quarter 1. I wish I could show all my kids the future and what it could hold for some of them. I want them all to be excited for High School, College, and beyond. I want them to realize that even if High School doesn't care about their 8th grade grades, that it might actually make their life easier in the future. I wish I also knew how to make a lesson that every person likes. Yes there are ones where most of them like it but it is a pretty challenging job to accomplish day in and day out.
As I sit here on this gloomy day, I realize that overall I think I am having that overall feeling after quarter 1. I think about how much I put into each day and how little I seem to get on the outside. It is a rough time to be a first year teacher. There is a lot swirling around about teachers. About how we have it easy, and we complain about all this stuff. I think the main reason we complain is because we want the best for our students and sometimes it just doesn't seem that both of us want the same thing.
I am so emotional sometimes about my job, which was something I never had before. But now it is a whole new ballpark. I am a teacher through and through. I just have to still try to find ways to balance everything in my life. I can't get myself so worked up with school things when I can not control every aspect of it. I want to, just not fully possible.
So here is to another good quarter of lots of learning and lots of hopefully exciting moments along the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment