Family, Friends, Fun, Feelings

Family, Friends, Fun, Feelings
A little story about living, learning, and loving

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Beginning Again..

So it is a new year and I have decided to start my year by logging more then just memories, but putting them in writing. I have had such an amazing transformation of things in my life that I want to be able to share with those who I do not always see or keep in touch with as much.
Yes, this  might be something some people who see me often or family know but it is a way to reconnect to maybe some who are not so close. I want to use my love for life and the things I am involved in to maybe help out others and be a guide to them in new obstacles they want to tackle.
As most of you know, I recently went back to school to change careers and become a Secondary Science Teacher. Yes, I know... you all know you want to refer to me as Ms. McG! :) It seems not long ago I was in a steady job that I got paid well and enjoyed my co-workers. But sometimes life tells you that it is not what you are meant to do. I want to be out there helping others and leading them to find their true happiness in life. Yes, I know teachers don't always do that... but you all know of a teacher who did that to you at some point in your life. Teachers Inspire without even trying to!
As I have finished my student teaching and am one semester away from graduation, I wonder what else I am meant to do with my life. I am currently reading an amazing book called "Run Like a Girl: How Strong Women Make Happy Lives" by Mina Samuels. This book is really showing me how ordinary people who have a love for sports can really help out more people then just themselves by their love for a sport. I want to be able to do something like that as well. I want to be able to have a group of young girls or women train and inspire each other to pursue things, like 5K's, Half MArathons, or Marathons, that they maybe never thought they could do. Not only to become fit, or healthier, but to feel happier and proud of themselves. I am not sure how to try to get something like this started but it has started a flame in me that I will surely look into. 
As I sit here on this rainy day in January, I realize that sometimes you can look into the future all you want but you never really know what is going to happen day in and day out. It just takes one day for everything to change and everything to have a different meaning and perspective. I hope you enjoy reading my posts as I write them. Feel free to leave me messages and comments about anything you think!

-McG

No comments:

Post a Comment